Local Election and Voter Information
Robbinsdale elections for Mayor and City Council are held in even years. The next election is in 2018 and will be for Council Member Ward 3 and Council Member Ward 4. Each council member serves a four-year term. Local primaries are scheduled if more than two candidates file for office.
Candidate filing dates for City Council are May 22, 2018 through June 5, 2018. Candidates can file at Robbinsdale City Hall, 4100 Lakeview Avenue North, Robbinsdale, MN 55422. To remove your name from the ballot, you must withdraw by Thursday, June 7th. The filing fee is $5.
The next Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
The next General Election is Tuesday, November 6, 2018 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Ward 1: Redeemer Evangelical Lutheran Church - 4201 Regent Avenue North (click to view map).
Ward 2: Olivet United Methodist Church - 3620 43rd Avenue North (click to view map).
Ward 3: Elim Lutheran Church - 3978 West Broadway (click to view map).
Ward 4: Westphal American Legion - 3600 France Avenue North (click to view map).
Any qualified registered voter of the City is entitled to vote at said election and any resident of the City not previously registered as a voter may register on Election Day. Click here for additional information on poll locations.
Check-out the New Electronic Poll Book when you Check-in to Vote:
The City of Robbinsdale is currently accepting applications for election judges. For more information and an application, contact Tom Marshall at 763-531-1252 or email@example.com.
Election Judge Eligibility
To be eligible to be an election judge, you must meet all of the following state requirements:
- Be eligible to vote (U.S. citizen, 18 years of age or older, maintain residence in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding the election)
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must not be a candidate on the ballot or the spouse, parent, child, stepchild, sibling, or step-sibling of a candidate at that election
- Must not be domiciled, either permanently or temporarily, with any candidate on the ballot at that election
- Must not be a spouse, parent, child, step-child, sibling, or step-sibling of any election judge serving in the same precinct