The City of Robbinsdale contracts with the Hennepin County Assessor for assessing services. The assessor estimates market value and classifies properties for property tax purposes.
- Filing for Homestead in Robbinsdale
- Assessing FAQ
- Annual Market Value Process
- Property Taxes
- Special Assessments Information
- Pending/Levied Assessments
- Request Special Assessment Search
- Hennepin County Property Tax Information
- Notice of Move form
The market value of homes must be in compliance with standards established by the Minnesota Department of Revenue and Minnesota Statutes. The market value should also represent the most probable selling price of the property as of the assessment date.
Homeowners may apply for the homestead classification which may offer some property tax relief. We encourage you to apply for the homestead classification at Robbinsdale City Hall (8 am to 4 pm). To learn more about qualifying for homestead, click no the link above or call our city offices at 763-531-1217.
How do I apply for a Homestead Classification?
- File for Homestead electronically: Hennepin County Online Homestead Application
- File for Homestead in person: You may fill out an application in person, or you may download Homestead Application from the Hennepin County website, and bring it into Robbinsdale City Hall to file for homestead.
- File for Homestead by mail: Please download Homestead Application from the Hennepin County website and mail your application & ownership documentation to:
Robbinsdale City Hall
4100 Lakeview Ave N
Robbinsdale, MN 55422
Homestead classifications do not automatically change when owners change. Please include copies of the following: Deed, Certificate of Real Estate Value (you receive these items at the closing) and a picture I.D. Without any ownership documentation, a homestead application cannot be granted.
After you file for Homestead, the City of Robbinsdale will mail you a final verification form, to sign and return to Robbinsdale City Hall within 10 days.
For more information on county and state assessment and tax information, see additional links below. The Department of Revenue's Fact Sheet publications 11, 12a, 12b, and 12c are especially helpful.
- Hennepin County Assessor's Office: 612-348-3046 or website
- Hennepin County Property Tax Information website
- Department of Revenue website
- Minnesota State Legislature website